INYENYERI PROGRAM thrives for youth orientation and empowerment
In communities faced with poverty, INYENYERI Program aims to set a space for youth expression, put the spotlight on their achievement and help them become more resilient. The program is based on 3 areas of work.
Social and professional guidance for young people
Services and activities designed to help young people at any stage of their lives to make educational, training and occupational choices and to manage their careers.
- Information – all the information needed to prepare for, obtain and keep a job, whether paid or voluntary
- Guidance – helping young people to clarify their goals and aspirations, understand their own identity, make informed decisions, take action and manage planned and unplanned transitions in their working lives.
- Employment counselling – helping young people to clarify their immediate employment goals, to understand and access employment and training opportunities, and to develop the skills needed to seek and keep a job (e.g. CV writing, interview skills)
- Empowerment: training- coaching- referral
Promoting youth innovation
- Enhancing recycling: protecting the environment through enhancing recycling
- Mastery and use of information and communication technologies (ICT): to facilitate learning in various life contexts, including home, school, community to actively participate in society.
My biggest dream is to make a living from my art.
– SHIMIRIMANA RAMADHAN
Enhance the artistic capacities of young people
Promoting effective youth empowerment and artistic orientation of young people,
- Development of young people’s artistic skills
- Development of young people’s entrepreneurial skills
- Creation of solidarity groups to initiate change in their communities